What experience will you need?
Hospital General Nursing Careers
- There are very few jobs available for overseas nurse’s in general surgical/medical roles in hospitals.
- There is not a significant shortage in these areas and newly graduated Australian nurses, and nurses from the UK, Ireland and New Zealand are preferred for these positions.
Hospital Specialist Nursing Careers
- There is a critical shortage of nurses in the specialist areas where experience and specialised training are essential requirements.
- An overseas nurse needs at least 7-10 years continuous experience in the specialist area applied for in a recognised leading Hospital in their home country.
Aged Care Nursing Homes
- Aged care nursing is the fastest growing sector in Australia, and employs a large number of nurses.
- The demand for overseas nurses in this sector is high, and provides the greatest opportunity to succeed.
- We have placed nurses with only 6 months experience, and these nurses have been very successful.
Agency Contract Nursing
- Agency nursing in Australia is focused primarily on short term assignments (1 day – 1 week).
- Nurses will undertake assignments in a variety of settings including hospitals and aged care homes.
- It is an ideal way to learn how Australian nursing functions as you will be exposed to different :
- Systems- Public and private, hospitals and aged care,
- Departments within each system
- Facilities, equipment and patients, .
- To enter this sector at least 2- 5 years of nursing experience will be required.
back to top
Copyright © 2017 Nursing Careers Australia