Nursing Careers AustraliaNursing Australia Careers, we recruit, place and support international nurses in nursing positions throughout Australia.We have database of AHPRA registered Nurses ready for employment.

Frequently Asked Questions

These frequently asked questions are offered to save you time. Select a Category and quickly find the answer to your question. If you have further questions please contact us.

Documentation Required in Applying for Registration

Question: What is a Practicing License?

Answer: An annual practicing licence is a document issued by the nursing and midwifery regulatory authority after payment of renewal of registration fee, this could be annually or every 3 years depending on the state.

A practising license is generally a credit card sized document.

back to top

Question: What is an Initial Registration Certificate?

Answer: A registration certificate is issued by the nursing and midwifery regulatory authority when a nurse first applies and gains registration in Australia or New Zealand.

A registration certificate is generally the size of a sheet of A4 paper.

back to top

Question: Who can certify documents?

Answer: Listed below are the only people who can certify documents submitted to the ANMC:

  • Legal Practitioner
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Peace Commissioner
  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Commissioner of Declarations
  • Notary Public
  • Judge
  • Magistrate
  • Person legally designated to sign documents from an embassy or consulate
  • When certifying documents, the above person needs to include the following statement on each document;
    “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document which I have seen.”
    Signature: Date:
    Contact Address: Phone number:

    Official stamp or seal if available with address and phone number.
    It is suggested that the person who certifies your application form is the same person who certifies all of your documents.

back to top

Question: What is a ‘Verification’ of Registration?

Answer: A Verification of Registration is a letter confirming registration and good standing of a nurse or midwife.

It is provided by the organisation responsible for the registration of nurses and midwives in your country.

Verifications must be sent directly to the State Nurses Board to whom you are applying.

Copies of verifications sent by you, or your agent will not be accepted.

back to top

Question: What documents will I require to present to the State Nursing Boards?

Application form


  • Current passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage certificate
  • Other evidence of name change

Nursing Education:

  • Nursing Degree/Diploma certificate
  • Transcript
  • Additional education degrees/Diplomas

Nurse Registration:

  • Initial Nurse Registration Certificate
  • Subsequent Registration Certificates
  • Current Nurse Registration Certificates

Work Experience:

  • All work written references within last 5 years
  • Character references

English Langauge Tests:

  • ILETS or OET


  • By notary or JP of all copies as true copies of originals

Verification of Registration by your Nurses Board in your country

back to top

Copyright © 2020 Nursing Careers Australia Google+